1. Shakespeare might took drugs while writing, scientists have found traces of cocaine and myristic acid in this genius’ Stratford-upon-Avon home, some people even trust that Shakespeare alludes to drugs in his works. Check it out
2. Shakespeare used “your mom” jokes (maternal insult) in the 1500s and 1600s in Timons of Athens.One excerpt ‘Painter: “Y’are a dog. Apemantus: “Thy mother’s of my generation. What’s she, if I be a dog?”’
3. Shakespeare died in 1616. He used the words “Curst be he that moves my bones” as his epitaph, it is considered to be a curse on grave robbers.
4. It is believed that Shakespeare was 46 around the time that the King James Version of the Bible was written. In Psalms 46, the 46th word is shake and the 46th word from the last word is spear. Check it out
5. There are only two accurate portraits of William Shakespeare. There was no written description of William Shakespeare himself even he has written 38 plays. We don’t really know his theories, religio and sexuality.
6.Shakespeare made the first known knock-knock joke in his play Macbeth. “Knock, knock, knock! Who’s there, i’ th’ name of Beelzebub? Here’s a farmer that hanged himself on the expectation of plenty. Come in time, have napkins enough about you, here you’ll sweat for ‘t.”! Check it out
7. In Shakespeare’s time, “nothing” was slang for vagina as this organ is round like a zero, his plays were full of dick jokes, here is an example. Check it out
8. Shakespeare wrote Romeo and Juliet at about 30 years old.
9. Shakespeare had an extensive vocabulary, there are over 30,000 different words in all of his works.
10. Shakespeare’s parents, wife, children were all illiterate since they were quite poor, he himself never went to college and obviously he was not the best parent.
Reblogged 3 months ago from feedproxy.google.com